Taljsten Cooking Stone
For Easy, Healthy and Natural Cooking
Made in Sweden of Soapstone - a material that has been used for centuries for cooking food, Täljsten’s Cooking Stone is ideal for grilling food for a party of 4. Thanks to its naturally oily surface, the cooking stone doesn’t require any additional fat or salt before, during or after cooking. Once polished, the surface is smooth and almost creamy. This softness associated with the stone’s unique thermal qualities naturally makes it the ideal surface for cooking steaks or fish, letting you enjoy the taste and flavour of food in its purest form. Dishwasher safe, this cooking stone is easy to maintain.
How to Use The Cooking Stone
- Heat the cooking stone in the oven for 1 to 2 hours at maximum temperature.
- Take it out of the oven and place on the insulating mat and cork trivet.
- Place your food and meats, already chopped, directly onto the stone and cook, turning them regularly.
- The stone can be used to grill food for about half an hour after being taken out of the oven.
- Accompany with different barbeque sauces and enjoy.
Through its designs in 100% natural soapstone, Täljsten has become the ambassador for something truly original: allowing the real flavours of your food preparations to express themselves. Täljsten offers practical tools for preparing and tasting food, designed and made in Sweden.
Dimensions: 16cm x 24cm x 5cm
- Place the cork trivet on your table while the stone is heating up.
- Wrap the insulating mat in aluminium foil and place it on top of the cork trivet.
- For even more protection of delicate surfaces, we recommend that you place an additional mat under the cork one to limit the temperature reaching the table.
- Do not cut any food on the stone.
- Allow the stone to cool before cleaning.
- The stone is dishwasher safe.
- If washing by hand, do not use any detergents or abrasive materials. Simple rinse well with running water.
- Do not soak the stone while cleaning as the stone can absorb water and may crack if exposed to sudden cooling.
- If you think the stone has been in water for too long, it is a good idea to dry it in the oven for half an hour at 75°C.